UMS is a private high school granted accreditation by the Ministry of Education and adheres to all provincial standards, including the provision of an Ontario Provincial Report Card and official transcripts to post-secondary institutions. We offer our students an atmosphere of achievement leading to success in high school and beyond. Our small class sizes and innovative teaching staff ensure a supportive, enhanced learning environment that is tailored to each student’s individual education needs.
In designing these courses, we have made sure that they reflect the same standard of excellence to which we hold all of our educational programs. Each course has been created by our in-house specialist teachers to ensure that every student receives the best academic experience. In the past few years we have added many new technologies to support student learning. All courses will incorporate our latest learning technology, including our new STEAM lab, SMARTBoards, Edsby, iPads, as well as educational applications and programs (such as Mathspace, Gizmos, and Renaissance Learning), each tailored to enrich the learning experience of our students.
A few advantages to taking a high school course with UMS are:
- Taught by experienced, qualified OCT certified teachers.
- Advanced course material, taught by dedicated, innovative teachers who teach at UMS during the school year.
- Small class sizes, allowing for an enhanced, interactive learning environment.
- Teaching methods tailored to a student’s individual education needs.
- Integrated technology to enhance and support learning.
- An atmosphere of achievement leading to success in high school and beyond.
- The ability to earn a credit applicable towards the Ontario Secondary School Diploma in just a month leaving students to take a spare or another course of their interest during the school year.
- Students to take a spare or another course of their interest during the school year.
- Access to all of UMS’ facilities such as the Gym, Science lab, STEAM lab, and Auditorium.
- Teachers will make every effort to ensure Fridays are non-teaching days so students can enjoy three day weekends during their summer.
The price of each course is $600. We have made special effort to ensure that our prices are very competitive to both offline and online high school credit schools in the GTA, while offering a superior program.
This summer, our courses will begin on June 29th, 2020 and conclude on July 30th, 2020. Each week classes will run from Monday to Thursday and students will have Friday’s off. View our brochure below for more detailed information about our schedule.
We are offering the following courses during the month of July:
- Grade 9
- Geography (CGC1D)
- Mathematics (MPM1D)
- Science (SNC21D)
- Introduction to Business (BBI1O)
- Learning Strategies (GLC1O)
- Grade 10
- English (ENG2D)
- Mathematics (MPM2D)
- Science (SNC2D)
- History (CHC2D)
- Civics (CHV2O) and Career Studies (GLC2O)
- Grade 11
- English (ENG3U)
- Functions (MCR3U)
- Biology (SBI3U)
- Chemistry (SCH3U)
- Physics (SPH3U)
- Grade 12
- English (ENG4U)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
- Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U)
- Biology (SBI4U)
- Chemistry (SCH4U)
- Physics (SPH4U)