- March 2, 2020
As part of our Senior, Junior, and even Pre-Casa curriculum, students have the opportunity to participate in Show and Share in their classrooms. Some of the classes put aside a set time each week to have presentations, while others have students share simply when the opportunity presents itself. Either way, students who participate in this activity are developing self-confidence, having fun being creative, discovering some interesting facts about a wide variety of topics, and learning a little bit more about their fellow classmates.
Students participating in Show and Share also have the opportunity to:
- learn to speak and listen
- learn how to be an audience and introduce themselves
- learn how to ask inquiry based questions
- learn to make connections between student responses
- anticipate and observe
- practice critical reasoning skills
- practice storytelling
- learn about same and different
- use and improve vocabulary
- develop descriptive language
Not only do students bring in items of interest from home and trips to talk about, but many students put much effort into creating projects related to the classroom theme to share!